Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rice Crispie Elephant

This was from Momma Cindy's b-day back in Feb . . . but I have yet to post it. Actually, it took a LONG time to get it from the camera to the computer . . .

I am obsessed with monkeys. Mom is obsessed with elephants. Julie was making a cake - but we couldn't figure out how to make an elephant cake. So, being that I have watched my share of cake decorating contests on the Food Network (talk about not helping my own hetero street cred there . . . ) I thought . . . they often mold with rice crispie. That can't be so hard. I mean, I LOVE rice crispies. And they're gooey and stickey. Should work.

After a few hours and 3 BATCHES of rice crispie treats . . . this was the result.


Needless to say, mom LOVED it. It was a big hit at the Sunday gathering. However, due to the fact that you have to COMPACT the stuff for it to keep shape, eating it was not as enjoyable as I had hoped. But, I guess they always say that eating an elephant is a large chore!

2 comments:

Ty and Tiff said...

Love it! That is awesome! It is totally something that you and Juile would do! You guys are my favorite!

Dan & Ashley said...

Wow! Very impressive.