Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Settle Down, Y'all - This is IMPORTANT!

Here ye, here ye . . .

I'M GRADUATING!!


Yes, that is ME on my way to my Masters!! WAHOO! If only I didn't have summer semester to finish . . . Ya see, being in the 1 year program means that I still have 5 credits to finish during the summer (which I'm conveniently doing over one week in June) and then I technically get my degree in Aug. But the U only has ONE graduation ceremony each yeah - so here we have it. Wah-freakin-hoo! You may now shower me with riches and fine presents. :D

I'm in the process of finishing my LAST assignment of this semester. I'm slacking cause I really don't want to do it. But I will have it done before it's due on Friday. Probably will get it done tomorrow while I'm HOME all day - cause I don't have classes, internship, etc. Weee.

Yesterday was my LAST day at LDS Family Services (are we seeing a pattern here . . . LAST). Bittersweet. It's great to know I'm done and be able to move on (LDSFS wasn't really a good "home" for me) - but I will miss the clients I was working with. Several were none too happy that I was leaving - but that's the name of the game. I'm sure that the other therapists there can help them out.

So, now that I'm done with classes and internship (and SO close to being done with assignments) for a while I just want to GO CRAZY and have fun! And since I only have ONE WEEK of summer classes - I'm considering myself done for all intents and purposes. :P I'm done I'm done I'm done I'm done!!

Randomness of today -- while Julie and I went to get food on her lunch break (we went to Wienerschnitzel cause I wanted a hot dog (because apparently the one I at at Sam's Club just 20 minutes earlier wasn't enough). No, my current obsession with mystery meat in a bun (yes, please try to dissuade me by telling me what or how it's made -- I'll still eat it! For heaven sakes, I ate dog knowingly!!) is NOT the randomness of the day (although enjoyable). The randomness is that I saw a 1st generation Altima with FLAMES on it. However, the flames were BACKWARDS. So, it makes me wonder . . . does the car so super fast in reverse, or is the owner just unstable. The mental health professional in me is siding with the latter.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congrats! That's a major accomplishment! And if I myself had many riches, I would definitely shower you with some of them.

I didn't know you were interning with LDSFS. I just may have to ask you a question concerning a policy/procedure through them sometime.