Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And Her Name Shall Henceforth be Known As . . . .

As previously stated by my husband, we have a new addition to our family. After much debate, her name has been decided upon. She shall be known as Pebbles. You may wonder why? Well, when everyone thought she was a gold car, I got the response: "You should call her Goldie Hawn"
Thankfully, she isn't really gold. The color on her Clairol box is "Pebble Ash Metallic." And she just feels like a Pebbles.
Brian fought me all the way on this. He though Ashley would be a better name. Well, Pebbles didn't want to be called Ashley, or Ash, or anything remotely close to that. She's just a Pebbles. :) Finally, Brian relented. However, his relinquishing of the naming of the car did not go without a warning. He said to me: "Don't think I'll give in that easily when we're naming our kids." (We'll see about that.)
So, please welcome Pebbles to the family. We are a little concerned about Gwen and Howie feeling some jealousy, but they will have to get over it. Hopefully, Sheila has gone to a better place. Pebbles is great fun to drive, and she has bells and whistles that I have not had before. I like being able to walk away from my car and then lock it. :) Simple pleasures go a long way for me.
Please feel free to ask for a spin in the 6. She likes going for rides. :)

1 comment:

Brian said...

I don't care what YOU call the car. It will be either "Julie's Car", "The Mazda", or "The Mazda6" out of my mouth cause . . . CARS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ROCKS!!