Friday, April 25, 2008

I think Jesus taught us about hypocrisy . . .

I vaguely remember the bible teaching me about hypocrisy. Then, today while I was driving down 4th South in SLC I saw this . . .

Again, I realize the image isn't great. It's from the I-wish-I-were-a-camera Blackberry. This was a nice little Suzuki driving next to me. The small bumper sticker says "I Buy American First." Now, I'm really happy to see someone wanting to support American workers . . . but last I checked Suzuki was NOT an American car company. Yeah, Suzuki sounds pretty . . . I don' know . . . Japanese! Not that I'm against Japanese cars - I LOVE my Nissan and Mazda. But I wouldn't use them to encourage others to buy American-made products.

(And, before anyone tries to discredit me by stating that many foreign car companies now have US plants where the cars are manufactured . . . still not an American company. Nike is made in some crazy sweat shop in rural India. Now THAT's an American company!)

1 comment:

Vanessa Swenson said...

oh man, that's beautiful. i'm glad that these people don't think because it makes my life full of laughter!