Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Cat Vibrates

If you have met Gwen, you know she's odd. If you check out Julie's blog, you can see some of Gwen's oddness (such as sitting on objects). Yes, it is true. She feels some odd compulsion for sitting on randomness. Instead of just lying on the floor, she'll sit on paper bags, shoes, boxes, or anything that is on the floor (except, of coarse her pet bed - I guess that is too much like floor). She even got on the laptop once - but I luckily saw that one in action so she was only there for a sec before she got the boot. I don't understand it. Why would she want to sit on uncomfortable shoes or plastic bags rather than carpeting? Makes no sense to me.

Well, today Gwen upped the ante. See, my old favorite was Gwen sitting on a pizza box (and, no Julie and I are not that messy - we had just finished a 'pizza picnic' on the floor and the box was still there). Today Gwen took to sitting on top of my phone, sitting on top of a Xerox box. I was unaware of this until Julie sent me a text. I heard the vibrations - but saw no phone. Just a Gwen. So, I thought to myself - we have 3 possibilities. A) Gwen swallowed the CrackBerry. 2) Gwen has learned a new trick. ∑) Gwen is sitting on the CrackBerry. Whereas Gwen is too lazy to take the time to learn to swallow a complete cell phone or learn anything new -- the only real possibility was ∑- Gwen was sitting on the phone. Sure enough, I move the large bundle of fur, and there is my Blackberry.

So, one has to wonder, why Gwen must sit on these objects. It is that she prefers lumpy surfaces to soft ones? Perhaps she misses sitting in the weeds in Lake Shore. Or maybe she wants to simply sit on things of value, and is still trying to determine what feels expensive. Or perhaps she is just plain stupid and weird. I'm going with the latter, cause she is, after all, a cat.

UPDATE:
I found the picture of Gwen sitting on a pizza box. Do you think she is part of the "ingredients made fresh daily?"

No comments: