Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life Update and Graduation Presents

Only a few days left until I get to actually go to work - I officially start Sept 15th. YEAH. However, I do have to say that I'm going to miss watching TV during the day and sleeping in. It will take some adjusting to waking up early and being somewhere on time each weekday. I think I can do it - especially to start seeing money come back into my pocket again. Yeah, that's worth it.

So, I continued to brew on my love/hate relationship with Nintendo and their retarded marketing ploys with the Wii. However, my desire to own one would not stop. I WANT I WANT I WANT. And now that I'm employed, I want a prize. :P So, on Saturday Julie was the angel she is and started calling electronics stores in Salt Lake Valley. After a few calls, we located one store that had Wii in stock - and it was only 4 miles away. So, we quickly drove over and bought a Wii console and the WiiFit program (Julie is anti-video games and consented to the Wii only because of the physical activity involved and WiiFit). I closed my eyes at checkout (so I wouldn't crap myself) and thougth happy thoughts of playing.

I am enjoying my new toy. WiiFit is better than I had imagined. You can actually get a fairly good workout on it. You'll never become a fitness model, but it's a fun, interactive way to get some daily physical activity. However, I need more games (my birthday is next month - wink, wink). I think my first game will be Guitar Hero (I would love Rock Band - but I'm not sure I can find a place to store all the components in our house).

Also, in the mood of graduation presents, I want to share what Julie, my parents, and in-laws have done for my present. We took my BYU and U of U diplomas and had them customed framed. Having never custom framed anything, it was a bit more expensive than I had hoped -- but they turned out AMAZING. We went with a black leather mat and gold fillet to bring them together. I am really impressed - my wife has good taste!!

2 comments:

Dan & Ashley said...

Dude, we just bought a Wii, too! We love it! I love Wii Fit and find I get a pretty good work out. Hope things are going great for you guys!

justine said...

Congrats on the new job and the frames look beautiful. Tell Julie "good job"

Question for you... I getting ready to study/take the licensing test. Any pointers and what to focus my interests on?