Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Caught up in Politics

So, I pretty much maxed on politics during the Obama vs. Clinton Deathmatch 2008. It just went on too long, and my attention span didn't last long enough. Cookies. So, I kinda took a break from it all while the first black/woman/old president debate was whittled down to the first black/old president debate (which, according to Colbert is solved because of "racial turducken" labeling of all minority groups into one conglomerate - making McCain black because he also falls within the minority of old -- Man, I LOVE Colbert and Stewart). Well, now we also have another candidate entering the mix apparently. Paris Hilton is going to represent the minority celebrity. Yes, we're now back to three minority groups fighting for power - black/old/famous. But, does rich offset famous and bring the minority into power and therefore not really part of the minority? If so, she's still a woman - so she gets the 2-for-1 special. Wait, though - hasn't McCain bashed Obama because he is indeed a . . . celebrity (audible gasp). Oooohh, we can't have any of that uppity famous crowd running the USA. No, we need middle class, normal presidents like . . . like . . . well, I can't think of any recent presidents who were not rich and part of the elite class in society.

See more Paris Hilton videos at Funny or Die


Hehe. I love it. I also love how Paris (well, her scriptwriters) has found a common-sense balanced solution. Gosh. If only others would step back from the "I'm right, so you can't be right" battle of straw men arguments and see outside the box. Wow, I never thought that Paris Hilton would be the one to look outside of any box - especially her own. I think this is a sign of the coming apocalypse. Bring it on!

Now, stepping away from balance and harmony (what do you think this is? Utopia? The sweet/spicy flavorings of Panda Express?) and back into bitter, argumentative, one-sided media that is the heart of the American way . . . I present to you my undying love for the Republican Party.

See more Adam "Ghost Panther" McKay videos at Funny or Die


Ah yes, the Republican Party obviously either A) needs strong psychotropic medications combined with cognitive restructuring therapy or 2) has taken way too many psychotropic medications without a doctor's supervision. Either way, it entertains me. I'm just shocked that this didn't come from the one and only true media outlet - Comedy Central.

No comments: