Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The things one hears on public transportation

So my wonderful wife, Julie Rae, decided to buy me tickets to the Blue Man Group as a Valentine's Day present. Being that they were performing in SLC on Feb 2, I got my present a little early :) If you don't know, I'm a HUGE Blue Man fan. Here I am with the wax Blue Men in Vegas (I'm not sure where my pic with the actual LIVE people is right now). Anyhoo, If you've never seen them, GO. It's worth the arm and leg you spend in Vegas.

So as to avoid traffic, we took TRAX to the venue. On the way back, we were standing next to an interesting pair of young men. Ok, they were plain WEIRD . . . possibly even in the freak category (what is the official cutoff?). I'm sure you've seen guys like this. The kind that will never see a naked woman in real life. Yeah. Throughout the 30 min ride, we were eavesdropping into their conversations (Julie's favorite public game) about comics, video games, the things that a 12 year old would go on about. But these two were probably closer to 22 than 12. Well, we both keyed into their conversation for this gem of a quote:

"It's impossible to divide by zero. Dividing by zero will create a black hole in your universe, and only Chuck Norris is awesome enough to stop a black hole."

Wow. As a mental health professional, there is so much I would like to fix with this situation. Julie and I had to bite our tongues to not bust up laughing. So, we have 2 questions . . . 1) What other imaginary catastrophes are created when a novice attempts math, and 2) what happens if Chuck Norris is on vacation every time our math skills spark the utter demise of the universe as we know it? Is there no one else that could possibly stop such a thing? Perhaps a math tutor?

So, now not only do I LOVE Blue Man - I also love the great view of our American public one sees when they take a journey on public transit. If you haven't tried it - I would highly recommend it. Maybe some other day I can share my experience of being chased by a drunk man with a shard of aluminum can on the bus in South Korea.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, how I LOVE Blue Man Group! I am so jealous.

Oh, and yay for Chuck Norris!! Did you catch the clip of him in a PSA or something with Huckabee? Quite funny!