Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bread with Attitude

Julie's younger sister emailed her the following bread recipe.

"Quick 2-hour butter crust bread.com
3 cups warm water
3 pkgs. dry yeast....roughly translated...3 tablespoons
1/3 cup suga
3 tbsp. oil (cooking oil, not car oil)
6-61/2 cups unsifted whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. salt
1 cup powdered milk
Mix water, yeast, suga, and oil. Sift (which is to lightly fold) dry ingredients together and add to mixture. Let stand in warm place for 15 minutes. (no sitting or leaning) Knead (pronounce K-need) well for 10 minutes.Form into loaves and place in two well greased (lightening) loaf pans. Let rise for 15 minutes in warm oven (80 degrees ish) Remove bread and heat oven 350 to 375 (pick one or the other) Replace in oven (just the bread no need to replace the whole oven. although sears might be having a sale) and bake for 50-55 minutes.
Mom said she "pounds" the dough into the cookie sheets and brushes the butter over the top. Then sprinkles the cheese goodness and garlic stuff on top. Then she cuts them. Then she cooks them. Then she takes them out. Then I eat 'em.
I should never be allowed to email recipes. I find them very boring. So I add my own commentary"

If someone wrote a cookbook that was enjoyable to actually read - I'd buy it!! Laurel, I think you found your new major at BYU - Cookbook Humorologist.

No comments: